A Lisper asks, "Am I supposed to like Smalltalk?"

Wolfgang Helbig helbig at Lehre.BA-Stuttgart.DE
Wed May 17 11:11:56 UTC 2006

Hi Victor,

you wondered,

> we sure have a lot of ways to
>represent all the methods for a class in a single editable stream (chunk
>format?), so why not? some people will just feel more comfortable that
>way ^_^

I must confess that I still tend to file out a class or even a whole category
just to browse or edit the source with vi and then file it in again if I've
changed it.

As an excuse I offer that I worked with Unix for about 10 years and with Squeak
for about 5 months. But then, the Unix editing facilities can be used for small
and big files, whereas the Squeak editor does not work well for large files. And
finally, I don't know how to save that neatly formatted text I carefully entered
into a workspace view. Which makes editing and formatting larger documents in
workspaces a less rewarding experience for me.

Greetings
Wolfgang

--
Weniger, aber besser.