A Lisper asks, "Am I supposed to like Smalltalk?"

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Wed May 17 19:55:34 UTC 2006

Zulq: "Is there a secret stash of these videos somewhere?"

Not that I know of.

Those of us "old timers" who went through the learning cure on Smalltalk
years ago no longer clearly remember what it was like, nor what the
conceptual stumbling blocks were.  We have now fully internalized the
"Smalltalk way," and don't really grok why newcomers don't instantly realize
why its so superior.

I think our attitude is wrong, even if we're "right."  We absolutely should
enable more "traditional" approaches for doing Smalltalk programming.  If
the Mountain won't come to Mohammed, then Mohammed must go to the Mountain.

--Alan