FFI library dependency howto ?

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Thu May 18 19:49:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I did not manage yet to understand how library dependency is handled in FFI,
especially on linux.

For example, i have liblapack.so depending on libblas.so, depending on libg2c,
libm etc... Do they load automagically (sort of ldd machinery) ?

I also need to overload some function (by default, errors are aborting the
program in blas xerbla function), so load order is significant for me.

Naturally, following question is how do i manage Multiplatform compatibility?
In my case, i know external functions have the same prototype, i only have to
hook to the right libraries...

Other questions pending: can i link a function returning a structure by value
(the case of double complex functions...) ? Or am i forced to write a wrapper
function ?

Any help, link, or better any SqueakMap/SqueakSource available application
providing good FFI examples appreciated, thanks

Nicolas