Technology of the technologies (WAS: A Lisper asks, "Am I supposed to like Smalltalk?")

Sebastián Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com.ar
Thu May 18 20:18:32 UTC 2006

[...
> I could do something interesting with Exupery for a mere 100K
> Euros or so. Anything less isn't enough to give up the day
> job for a year or so. More money would of course buy more
> features and a larger team. ;-)
>
> Bryce

It gives to me arround 300 euros from 300 investors. I don't think is too
much money for an heatly organization (even non profit). If the volunteers
can hold the organization of the event (nothing that smalltalk can do for
them) the people will come. That will be a transparent way to get that
ammount of money that the organization could invest on is main object of
interest.

A big event with that finality could certainly do that. Get together key
people, key persons who can give some light on this regard, the consecuences
of the project and today's interesting subjects. Their reunion in a
positive/constructive environment will certainly atract interest. The model
could be 3 days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) in some hotel with acceptable
structure in an attactive city (Tip: change in southamerica makes more easy
to find a good hotel by less $$ and there is a lot of cultural attractive
cities). The event could have laboratories, seminars, panels and other
expositions wich represent the investigations and foundings from people of
this comunity.

The key for the success of an  event like that will be the volunteers's hard
work.

Cheers,

Sebastian
PD: "If you build it, he will come..."