Whither Squeak?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sat May 20 08:06:24 UTC 2006

Hi Dan--

 > I worked out removal of MVC ages ago.  It left a few pieces of
 > Paragraph as I recall, but it was a push-button operation called
 > discardMVC back in those days.

	It may have been automatic to run, but you had to invoke knowledge
about how MVC works to write it. The GC-based removal of inert methods
and classes in Spoon (which removes far more than just MVC) works
independently of the implementation details of the removed behavior, and
is also automatic.

	And it runs in the time it takes to do a full garbage collection (less
than a second).

-C

--
Craig Latta