Whither Squeak?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat May 20 12:45:50 UTC 2006

Hi Stef,
I don't think that this is anybody's "fault" and I apologize if I
sounded that way (especially since I used your initials in the
example, sorry about that).

I just raised the issue because it is important to me, and I hope
that there are ways to improve the tools. For example, Cees suggested
a "Squeak museum", and maybe there are other ideas as well. Thinking
of a "museum" repository makes me think of a sources file implemented
in Magma plus Seaside.

And of course, thanks to Doug Way for Squeak3.9a.from.3.0.image which
shows that the history is not really lost, it's just no longer
visible in recent images:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-January/099299.html

Dave

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 08:33:59AM +0200, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Hi david
>
> We are the faulty guys, but I'm a bit mad, because we spent a lot of
> time trying to improve the system.
> And this is like that this is not on purpose that we changed
> ownership. So I will not continue on that path,
> but I imagine that you understand what I feel.
> Removing mess from this image is not an easy task for multiple reasons.
>
> Stef

<snip>