SqueakMap Error in clean image

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon May 22 07:33:43 UTC 2006

Hi!

"Lord ZealoN" <lordzealon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have an error when try to load SqueakMap from a clean Basic and Full
> 3.8 images.
>
> The first error:
>
> http://www.lordzealon.com/squeakerror1.JPG

This happens when you have a map for a newer version of SqueakMap in
your sm dir, but you are running an image (you probably have several
images in the same dir sharing the same sm dir - which is fine) that
hasn't been upgraded.

If you do "SMSqueakMap bootStrap" in that image I think it will be
solved. Another clumsier solution is to remove the "map*" files in the
"sm" dir, which will force the image to try to get a new one from the
net and thus upgrade itself.

regards, Göran

PS. No, I can't fix this, except in future versions of SqueakMap (which
I think I did) - unless we issue updates for 3.8, but we can't really be
sure people load the updates either. :)