Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 25 19:51:14 UTC 2006

Milan , Serge (and others MathMorphs entusiasts)

I have a "one Page Web viewer" what could read text pages likes

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Curves/Curves.html

And just have the old Linear Algebra book and change set working as you see.
All in 6.3 Mb , about 1/3 of regular Squeak,

Now I beg Math Squeakers help me sending how to plot the curves with
XYPlotter or ThetaRhoPlotter

I copy from the site for Cardioid curve.
Cartesian equation:
(x2 + y2 - 2ax)2 = 4a2(x2 + y2)
Polar equation:
r = 2a(1 + cos())

And I have
example1
    "Ask the resulting object to replot"

    | answer |

    answer _ self new.
    answer dotSize: 5.
    answer drawSteps: 8.
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function sin) asStretcher
freq: 4).
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function sin) asStretcher
freq: 4; xShift: Float pi / 4).
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function cos) asStretcher
freq: 4).
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function cos) asStretcher
freq: 4; xShift: Float pi / 4).
    answer addFunction: (Function constant: 2.4).
    answer addFunction: (Function constant: 5.6).
    answer addFunction: (Function cos asStretcher freq: 4; amp: 2).
    answer addFunction: (Function sin asStretcher freq: 4; amp: 2).
    answer domain: (ClosedInterval from: 0 to: 2 * Float pi).
    ^answer

My spells works for have old code in new images, but I do not how math  :=)

Help the orphans !!!

Edgar