The original Squeak release is available under APSL2.

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Fri May 26 11:24:38 UTC 2006

Alan Kay a écrit :
> The deal we had with Disney was to release to the community, as free and
> open source, all code not having directly to do with "content and/or
> product", and we did this continuously with their blessing. The code we
> left behind (several products, etc.) belonged to Disney (and we indeed
> left it there).

Hi Alan,

it means we could also release the last version of Squeak done by
SqueakCentral (3.5 ? 3.6 ?) with an APSL2 licence. And if everybody that
add some code since this version in the image, agree with the term of
this licence, the 3.9 version could also release with the APSL2 licence
(or a more simpler one like MIT) ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##