MacBook & Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 26 21:38:34 UTC 2006

I think that the file locking you are referring to is the file locking
in OSProcess and OSPP. Most likely this already is working on the Mac VM,
although I'm not it a position to test and confirm this. File locking
does not require any fancy pthread-aware signal handling and such, so
it probably is already OK on OS X.

Both OSProcess and OSProcessPlugin have newer versions on SqueakSource
that are intended in part to address problems on Mac OS X. These are
really only tested on my own Intel Linux box, but they may work better
on Mac so if anyone is doing some experimenting with this, please try
the latest unreleased versions on SqueakSource and let me know how it
goes.

Dave