Name spaces in Spoon

Darius Clarke socinian at gmail.com
Sat May 27 06:23:48 UTC 2006

I'm sure I'm dreaming but, to me, a class should be distinguished from
another class with the same name by a compressed answer to the
questions, who, what, where, when, why, & how.

One can then filter which classes, with whatever name, can be active
at a given time based on filtering on any of the above criteria. E.g.
filter out all modifications of a class by such-and-such person or
company (known to produce buggy code for example). Filter to only
activate classes created before a certain date. Or a date range with a
gap in it. Or that solve a particular problem listed/named in the
"why" section. Or exclude classes written in a certain "where" region.
Or filter on the "how" of the "licensing" the author gave the code. Or
filter out classes targeted for "who" - being children (which might
exclude things of interest to the child-like such as myself :-) ).

The "when" & "who" in combination would make each class unique.

This way, creation of "modules" can be more "automatic" or "in the
background" and not draw a lot on the programmer's attention, which,
when a burden on one's attention, becomes and incentive to ignore the
technology.

I'm sure others have thought of this strategy, but I've not heard of
one, so I don't have the name for it.

Cheers,
Darius