Linspire Install Guidance?

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Mon May 29 02:28:38 UTC 2006

Dan,

I've installed Squeak via CNR on three systems so far and on each the Squeak
icon shows up on the desktop and "just works," like it should.  If that's
not happening on your system you might want to check what version of
Linspire you're running, as some older versions might not use exactly the
same conventions as the current "Five-0" version.

Linspire is Debian-based (CNR is mainly a guified apt-get) so docs for the
Debian version of Squeak might get you going, but frankly if the problem is
an outdated version of Linspire I'd definitely update that first.

Gary