I am standing by Juan's proposal, do you? (was Re: Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Nov 1 14:36:59 UTC 2006

mmille10 at comcast.net wrote:
> The discussion about this has been a bit confusing, but not too much. If what I understand is correct, that the plan is to have a "full" image of Squeak that contains Morphic/eToys, which will be removable, or a "full" image + an additional dev. image w/o eToys, with the idea that an upgrade to Morphic will be in the works for the future, it sounds like a good interim solution to me. I vote "yes". Hopefully someday eToys will be reworked as well.
>
> ---Mark

well, if this is the proposal, then I say "yes" too. but this is not
what I understood so I'm a bit confused now.

I understand the forthcoming full images will be constructed by building
upon the minimal one. so if eToys can not be loaded back, it would not
present in the full image. is that right ?

by the way, is there a full image for 3.9 ? or is the current RC2
version the full image ?

Stef