I am standing by Juan's proposal, do you? (was Re: Removing Etoys, Morphic an

Laurence Rozier laurence.rozier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 12:19:54 UTC 2006

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect there are others who basically
support what you're saying Doug and at the same time like to see a stronger
committment from the board towards achieving "this level of modularity". I
had said that I didn't support Juan's proposal "as is" because it didn't
acknowledge the factors you've addressed. What do I mean by "stronger
committment"? I have an idea, but I'm not 100% sure because I think it
depends in part on some factors which are not clear to me:

-The Board position on interacting with the major code forks
-The Board's committment to Spoon.
-Last but most significant in my view, is the Board's position on Squeak
kernel ownership which I discussed in another post.

Cheers,

Laurence