I am standing by Juan's proposal, do you? (was Re: Removing Etoys, Morphic an

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Nov 2 21:47:51 UTC 2006

Hi Doug,

Doug Way escribió:
> I'd think it wouldn't be *that* hard to make a loadable EToys package
> for 3.9... it's non-trivial, but I'd think it'd at least be no more
> difficult than the unloading work Juan has already done.  (Any
> comments on that, Juan?)  It is possible, though, that no one will do
> it.  And I certainly wouldn't expect Juan to do it, for example.
Well, doing it right is really a lot of work. Most of the work in what I
did is to remove knowledge about eToys in non-eToys methods (that I
didn't remove). Lots of them. 'Doing it right' means not keeping
duplicated versions of them (one in eToysLessSqueak and one in eToys
package), but actually refactoring.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich