second call for release team volunteers

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sat Nov 4 01:26:59 UTC 2006

Hi all--

     I made a call for release team volunteers on 2006-10-06. So far
there have been... zero volunteers. :)  If you've held off volunteering
because you were wondering who else might volunteer, please just
volunteer. :)  The board decided at its 2006-11-01 meeting that the
timeout for release team volunteers after the first call will be two
months (some thought one month wasn't long enough). So, we intend to
decide who the release team is by the end of the 2006-12-06 board meeting.

     There seems to be a very real possibility that we will still have
no volunteers at that point. We decided that, if that happens, we will
cancel the 3.10 release and move on to 4.0. Apart from being merely
pragmatic, this might motivate a few people :).

     On behalf of the board, thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta