3.10?

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Sat Nov 4 14:43:14 UTC 2006

Hi Stef,

my plan for removing eToys is:
1) take Squeak 3.9 7061 (RC versions have obsolete classes so they are
problematic for me)
2) update RestOfSqueak package for it
3) create full image using KernelImage and RoS, this image has Morphic
initialized directly form source codes so it doesn't contain as much
mess official image (but has the same sources)
4) remove packages like speech etc.
5) try to remove most of eToys as safely as possible
6) try to remove everything what can be quite easily packaged
including all test and SUnit
7) create RestOfSqueak package from this package again and create full
image from it again
HERE
8) continue with next cleanup and eToys removing
9) when this image will be clean, create final RoS, and create
differential package that will not include code that is in current
primitive packages for the KernelImage (network, MC...)
10) maybe create differential package that will load the rest of the
code of the current image

The mark HERE is the state where I'm now:
http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/98/basicMorphic001.zip
This version has no eToys but it's far from clean system and still
includes Flaps and many morphic extras. Because you load Morphic to
GUI-less image, there are no obsoleteClasses, only Undeclared
references in code.  I quess that I may finish state 8 during next
week or so.

This image will not include flaps, paint tool etc. I think that this
tools should be in the basic system but I want to create minimal
morphic system. This tools can be in packages.

The most important thing for me is the new MC version that can be used
for this special big packages.

-- Pavel