[ANN] basic Morphic package for the KernelImage

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Nov 7 21:01:42 UTC 2006

Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> do you know what class does similar behavior in the official image?
> This should probably be part of startUp code of some class.

Yes. To find out who sends it I did a little hack which would dump the
call stack to a file when calling World>>install and it turns out we're
calling it three times in a regular startup sequence:
1) Via AutoStart>>checkForUpdates
2) Via AutoStart>>checkForPluginUpdates
3) Via ProjectLauncher>>startUp.
The Right Thing (tm) to do is probably to add PasteUpMorph to the
startup list and have it handle the initialization of Morphic.

Cheers,
   - Andreas