Poking at Sophie

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Nov 8 08:10:19 UTC 2006

Ah, well I doubt the quicktime support works tho. From time to time
some have tried Sophie under Unix and made some changes for that
platformbut the Sophie team isn't explicitly supporting the platform
at this time. Again the quicktime support is an issue, however we do
have a decision pointwhere you pick the media player so right now we
choice between the quicktime player with plugin, Quicktime without
plugin, the mpeg plugin, straight audio/ no video, and the AIFF and
other obscure sound players within Squeak depending on the platform
support and the media type. To support quicktime or many of the media
types it supports, say MPEG4, you would need to plugin say an FFI
interface to mPlayer or something.

On 7-Nov-06, at 11:41 PM, Simon Michael wrote:

> Thanks for the link John. Did you know that the .exe starts up fine
> with wine ? (tested on ubuntu edgy x386). Pretty neat! I wished for
> some extensive help, no doubt it will come.

===