[ANN] KernelImage for final Squeak 3.9 with MinimalMorphic package on SqueakSource

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Mon Nov 13 14:29:11 UTC 2006

On 11/13/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :
>
> >> Can't found on MinimalMorphicLoader-boot.4.mcz , 5 or in
> >> MinimalMorphic-pk.8.st or in MinimalMorphicInitialization-pk.8.st
> >
> > http://www.squeaksource.com/KernelImage/
>

> Some miscommunication here
>
> Repeat:
>
> I have all .
>
> But can't locate the methods what you are talking about

Sorry, it's part of MinimalMorphicLoader class from
MinimalMorphicLoader-boot.5.mcz. It's called directly from the "load"
method.

> > Simply modify methods loadMinimalMorphic and
> > loadMinimalMorphicInitialization in the MinimalMorphicLoader class.
>
> And tell you the image with ;
> (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'MinimalMorphicInitialization-pk.8.st')
> fileIn.
> (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'MinimalMorphic-pk.8.st') fileIn.
>
> have 7.5 mb and 1316 classes
>
> This are the Undeclared
>
> a Dictionary(#ActiveEvent->nil #ActiveHand->nil #ActiveWorld->nil
> #AllProjects->nil #CommonRequestStrings->nil #GoalFreePercent->nil
> #GoalNotMoreThan->nil #ScheduledControllers->nil #ScriptingSystem->nil
> #UIProcess->nil #UpdateUrlLists->nil #World->nil #bars->nil #guards->nil
> #inForce->nil #isolatedHead->nil #lastSavedAtSeconds->nil #nextProject->nil
> #parentProject->nil #previousProject->nil #resourceManager->nil
> #thumbnail->nil #urlList->nil #version->nil #viewSize->nil #world->nil )

Well this size corresponds to my development images. This Undeclared
are not related to sharedPools. It's result of incomplete Morphic
initialization.
Edgar, I think that it will be better if you will focus on Monticello
"memory leak" now.

-- Pavel