Mikael Kindborg mikael.kindborg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 21:49:00 UTC 2006

Sounds promising! Will try to take some time to look at it.

I have been thinking about the respective advantages of OpenGL and SDL
for game programming, and I am not at all clear about this. I feel
comfortable with the sprite-oriented bitmapped graphics approach of
SDL, but I have also realised that it can be a big advantage to use
vector graphics also for more traditional 2D games and drawing tools.
Then again, you can use OpenGL with SDL if needed.

If one would use OpenGL for bitmapped 2D-sprites, what would be the
best/fastest approach? Using glDrawPixels was not very fast when I
tested it, because of pixel conversions I guess. Are textures faster?
Will have to learn more about this.

Best, Micke