Writing a book on Seaside

Another Dave dooright101 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 20:44:38 UTC 2006

Damien Cassou wrote:

> I'm writing this book for persons who know nothing about Seaside.
> Smalltalk knowledge is not necessary too...

Something that I wish ALL writers would do is find a representative student,
and then without coaching, listen to where they have trouble with the
lesson.  Often as not, it will be some peripheral detail that you have never
considered; very simple things like incomplete descriptions, inconsistent
terminology, and unexpected differences between program versions can make it
impossible to follow even a simple concept. Two or three of these
difficulties will unnecessarily frustrate a novice, and may alienate them
from ever approaching your subject again!