Mantis policy question

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Nov 17 17:49:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:13 -0600, Ralph Johnson wrote:
> I know how the Mantis software works.  I would like to know how people
> use Mantis.
>
> In particular, I assume that only certain people can mark an issue as
> closed.  Who are these people?

Anyone with developer status or above can close an issue.  Also I
believe anyone can close an issue they reported themselves.

>   Can anybody mark an issue as "fixed"?

Same as above.

> What are the rules for using Mantis?

I'm not sure what you are asking here.  Under the Docs section there is
an intro document I wrote on reporting issues.  There is a temporary
problem where although it is an html document it wants to open up in an
external application (at least for me) but if you just choose a web
browser executable it should work fine.

> Would it be possible to add more states to Mantis?

I assume so, but I would suggest while we can discuss this now let's not
worry about it immediately because there are plans to move the Mantis to
the squeak.org server and these sorts of changes will be easier after
that.

>   Who is the administrator?

Currently it is technically Michael Rueger but for most intents and
purposes I can take care of day to day issues, so if you need something
contact me first and then if I can't take care of it then I will contact
Michael.

> I found documentation on how to use Mantis, but it didn't discuss who
> is allowed to do what.  Is there any documentation on the current
> policies for using Mantis?

Again, check the intro document I wrote that may help with some of this.
Otherwise my short response is you can do whatever you can do, but of
course we should try to be as orderly as possible.

While I don't mind discussing this on the list if you have further
questions it may be more efficient for both of us to discuss this on the
#squeak IRC channel and then one of us can summarize the results for the
list.  Email me with suggested times if you are interested in meeting on
#squeak.

Ken