Groklaw article on Squeak

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Nov 18 23:34:10 UTC 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 23:35 , Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2006/11/18, Nevin Pratt <nevin at bountifulbaby.com>:
>> I think this is of general interest to all Squeakers:
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20061118091048997
>
> Just out of curiosity. They say it's FOSS. So what is the license of
> the OLPC image and VM? Apache as the article suggests?

VM is MIT (see current SVN sources). Image is Apache.

Because we only ship the binary image and no sources in the OLPC OS
builds, we could already release this under Apache license. However,
Kim Rose is sending out contributor forms at the moment, all
contributions since Squeak 1.1 are going to be MIT which is
compatible with Apache. Once this is finished, source code will be
fully under Apache, too, and we expect this to be finished before the
first real OLPC laptop ships.

- Bert -