mac carbon VM 3.8.14b3 pending

Juergen Gmeiner gj at gjdv.at
Mon Nov 20 22:26:28 UTC 2006

On 20.11.2006, at 21:53, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Ok, the way the way it works, I hope, is that each instance of the
> plugin that is created causes us to instantiate and run a different
> VM sub process, say you've four windows open. That means four VMs
> are running in the back ground. Normally what will happen is if the
> plugin instance is destroyed we then sigterm the associated child
> process.   But if the browser crashes, not uncommon, the sub-
> process are left running... Mmm I wonder if the child process can
> get notification if the parent is terminated?

Another idea after the first reply ...

You are communicating with the browser process via a pipe or
socketpair, I assume.  When the browser terminates, you should get
EOF for read/select on that filehandle, and SIGPIPE or an error code
for writes.  I guess this could be considered a notification.

cheers,
Juergen

--
Juergen Gmeiner