mac carbon VM 3.8.14b3 pending

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Nov 21 04:29:46 UTC 2006

no, the vm draws to a posix shared memory bitmap area via quartz, and
sends the draw rectangle coordinates to the browser plugin. On idle
events from the browser the plugin pulls data from the pipe and uses
quartz to take the bitmap coordinates and draw into the plugin's
drawing surface using the shared memory bitmap . I don't believe you
can share a drawing context between processes, however I'll welcome a
chance to be corrected.  So we don't get window notification, however
I'll look at the issue of what happens with the pipes when the parent
process goes away

On 20-Nov-06, at 2:44 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Hmm, on X11 you would notice if the window was going away ... not
> the same on Aqua?
>
> - Bert -
===