Clean way to process XML

Ramūnas Gutkovas ramunasg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 22:00:41 UTC 2006

Hello Squeakers!

I am trying to implement XML based protocol in Squeak.

And was wondering how to do it cleanly in Smalltalk.

My take is to write general DSL (something like DTD, but bit more powerfull with
types) for this that whould generate classes which object fields whould be maped
to object instance variables. This way I could have protocol objects as native
Smalltalk objects.

But I am not shore if this is the best solution. Maybe there is one (by googling
I didn't find anything)? Or how a real smalltalker whould tackle this?