Squeak and Namespaces

Frank Mueller frank at mweb.de
Thu Nov 30 10:04:23 UTC 2006

Hi all ...

one thing I really love in Smalltalk after programming years in different languages (and since
1996 in Java) is the simplicity and the really straight concept. One point is, that I don't have
to deal with imports (or my IDE doesn't has to deal with it), I just wirte the class name and it's
OK. All I need is in my image. Oh, yes, many of those classes have a little prefix of two or three
chars, but who cares? That makes it allways clear, which implementation I use. So even in
VisualWorks I use my TLAs as prefix, it makes live more simple.

Adding namespaces adds complexity, a litte one, but it does. Smalltalk would loose a piece of its
advantage.

Just my two cents.

mue

--