Exupery (was Re: [IDEAS] Looking at Factor)

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Mon Oct 2 10:59:55 UTC 2006

As far as I know inlining is what you think.
In Smalltalk every compiled method has an object represnting it.
As I knew Exupery builds a special method object containing machine-opcode.

After years of Smalltalk usage, I came to the point to which the real
problem is slow message sending.
Because in Smalltalk every message send is dynamic,
the performance penalty is very high.

VW had a mechanism similar to Exupery in the last years but it does
not seem to me a lot more fast then squeak in some areas.

--
Software Architect
http://www.objectsroot.com/