[ANN] Working SSL In Squeak

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Mon Oct 2 21:20:24 UTC 2006

Robert Withers schrieb:
> Hi Stef,
>
> The DESPlugin implements the DES cryptography algorithm, which has
> basically two parts.  Key preparation, which DES calls "cooking the
> key", and transformation, where it takes the cooked key and the input
> block and encrypts it or decrypts it.  I have always wished that there
> were an in-image implementation so that the plugin isn't required when
> doing DES, but it hasn't happened yet.  Something to work on,
> perhaps.  Note that I didn't write it, I am only a user.
The in-image implementation existed as part of my OpenPGP efforts, and
I've now ported it to the Cryptography framework.
Load the MC packages CryptographyBase-hmm.18 and Cryptography-DES-hmm.3
to use it.

BTW, the SSL example workspace assumes that #asURL is able to create a
HttpsUrl. But that ain't so. Looking at the #asUrl code, I saw that at
least in 3.8.1 this is not written with extensions in mind. Does 3.9
have a more extensible method there? (I'm too tired to look myself right
now).

Cheers,
Hans-Martin