[ANN] Working SSL In Squeak

Robert Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 22:07:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Oct 2, 2006, at 2:20 PM, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> The in-image implementation existed as part of my OpenPGP efforts, and
> I've now ported it to the Cryptography framework.
> Load the MC packages CryptographyBase-hmm.18 and Cryptography-DES-
> hmm.3
> to use it.

I tested it too, with SSL, and it works great!  Thanks!  No plugin
needed, now.

> BTW, the SSL example workspace assumes that #asURL is able to create a
> HttpsUrl. But that ain't so. Looking at the #asUrl code, I saw that at
> least in 3.8.1 this is not written with extensions in mind. Does 3.9
> have a more extensible method there? (I'm too tired to look myself
> right
> now).

In the Cryptography-SSL Extensions, I overwrote Url
class>>#urlClassForScheme: to include 'https' mapped to the new
HttpsUrl class.  This only works if you have SSL loaded, of course.

I also added HierarchicalUrl>>#= and changed HTTPSocket
class>>#expandUrl:ip:port: to provide an ability to HttpsSocket to
redirect and also to detect infinite redirections, which I
experienced on one of my test urls.  Unfortunately, I could not
update HTTPSocket class>>#httpGetDocument:args:accept:request: to
take advantage.  It loses the value of CrLf, for some reason.  I only
barely added support to the HttpsSocket, so these things will change,
I'm sure.

Cheers,
Robert