Squackers, Tenth-Birthday-of-Squeak edition - Fireworks!!

Juan Vuletich jvuletich at dc.uba.ar
Mon Oct 2 22:21:04 UTC 2006

Of course I acknowledge as you say Dan. Anyway, nobody can deny the
enormous impact on your way to think and design software.

There is really no need to say that my thanks are also for you, Alan.
Your writings and lectures I enjoy often too! It is just that I was
lucky enough and you were kind enough to let me thank you personally
when we met in L.A. in 2003.

There is something else I didn't say in my previous post.

When I learned about Smalltalk in 1995, and read the Purple Book, the
story of Smalltalk and Xerox Parc was something like a legend. And you
were the heroes of an epic story of a previous time. You were like
Prometheus, trying to give people the sacred fire.

And suddenly, you were back with Squeak! The story wasn't finished yet,
and you were inviting me (all us) to be part of it, and share the fire
with you. The feelings I had at that time are within the strongest I've
ever had.

Thank you for the Fire!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich