Is OSProcess usable in Squeak 3.9 on Windows/XP yet?

Simon Guest simon.guest at tesujimath.org
Tue Oct 3 19:14:37 UTC 2006

At Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:30:48 -0400,
David T Lewis wrote:
> In order to have a current version of OSPP for Windows, you will
> need to build the plugin *and* a new VM using VMMaker. You will
> also need to disable (or otherwise work around) the functions in
> /platforms/win32/vm/sqWin32HandleTable.h in order for OSPP to work
> properly. You need to have both the OSPP plugin and the modified VM
> with the handle table disabled in order to have a working OSPP for
> Windows.

<snip>

Dave,

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I did think I was going to have to
work this hard to get it working, but then Mathieu offered me a copy
of his Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll which works just fine with the Squeak
3.8 VM I have been using to run the Squeak 3.9 image.

So I'm up and running (thanks Mathieu), but remain a little daunted at
what I would have to do to make this myself.

cheers,
Simon