ICal question

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 19:36:12 UTC 2006

2006/10/4, J J <azreal1977 at hotmail.com>:
> Does anyone have any code that is using Recurrence Rules?  I see them in the
> ICal-Model category and I am using them to set up recurring events, but I
> didn't see any methods or anything for calculating what dates will actually
> happen from the rule.

You're right. ICal-Model only models them and does not compute them.
Computing the full ICal recurrence model is "a bit tricky" so you will
probably only want to implement what you need.

Robin Barendregt:
"Some time ago I published a package in Cincom's public repository
called Recurrences that was based on iCal.
Maybe you can reuse some of that to do some leg work for you.
There is also a RecurrencesTesting package that contains tests for the
examples in the iCal RFC."

Maybe Yann Monclar has build something in this direction for his
SummerTalk project.

Philippe