YARAD (Re: About 512 MB changes patch)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Oct 4 22:48:04 UTC 2006

Am 04.10.2006 um 16:48 schrieb SmallSqueak:

>     In other words, Yet Another Race Against Deadline ?

Choosing the battle field is a major advance towards winning. So it's
not really a race, because we choose to only make the minimally
necessary adjustments to get something going.

>     It's just the place to dump all the garbages hidden underneath
> eToys???

Maybe you missed the point about OLPC. It's not a project to clean up
Squeak, but to empower children. We are glad to have Etoys and are
able to fit it into the OLPC environment in a relatively short time
frame.

>     P.S: BTW, does this OLPC eToys use Tweak?

No. It uses the well-tested Squeakland release with minor changes in
appearance.

- Bert -