[ANN] Working SSL In Squeak

Robert Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 02:44:26 UTC 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 5:16 AM, Lex Spoon wrote:

> Robert Withers <reefedjib at yahoo.com> writes:
>> I tried to add support for a POST command, but I couldn't really test
>> it because I couldn't find a WebBrowser.  Do we still have one?  I
>> wanted to do my online banking in squeak! :-)
>
> It's called Scamper.  It does not seem to work in 3.9, though, because
> a class named "WebPageMorph" is missing.
>
> If your code is loadable in 3.7, you could develop in that version.
> There is a package-universes release of 3.7, and its version of
> Scamper works fine.
>
>     http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3835

Yeah, unfortunately there is no Monticello Browser in 3.7.  I found
both in the 3.8 image, however.  Once I fixed the #asUrl logic to
include https, I was able to load https pages.  But when I tried to
login to my bank, to test https POST logic, the login button logic
failed.  The FormInputSet had a form that was missing the url.  I
couldn't dig too deeply.   I tried some other sites and they had
difficulty even displaying the login button.  I am figuring that
Javascript is an issue.  It was worth a try.

cheers,
Robert