Squeak on the Nokia 770 (touches on old iamges, Morphic, SM, wxWidgets, and more!)

Aaron Reichow revaaron at bitquabit.com
Fri Oct 6 03:41:29 UTC 2006

Just to piggyback on Alan's comment...

1. See my other rambling post, in reply to Stef.

2. Genie, unlike a lot of other newer Squeak technologies, does indeed run
on older Squeaks- at least 3.1a, probably 3.0, but probably nothing before
that.  It can do a ton more than CharRecog- but CharRecog is a single
long method that is deadly simple and just as elegant. But a serious
Squeak PDA project- like my ressurected Dynapad [1]- will be based on
Genie and not CharRecog or something similar.

[1] Dynapad resurection is waiting 'til I have hardware decent enough to
run newer Squeaks without wanting to pull my hair out. :P

Regards,
Aaron

revaaron at bitquabit.com || rev in #squeak on irc.freenode.net
   "Liberty will not descend to a people, a people must
         raise themselves to Liberty." -- Emma Goldman