Cryptographic Primitives

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 17:22:53 UTC 2006

>From: "Ron Teitelbaum" <Ron at USMedRec.com>
>To: "'The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list'"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>CC: 'Cryptography Team Development
>List'<cryptography at lists.squeakfoundation.org>,vm-dev at discuss.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: RE: Cryptographic Primitives
>Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:05:33 -0400
>
>I would like to have the DESPlugin which is already a part of the VMMaker
>compiled internally in the distributed VM's, and we are considering writing
>others to speed up implementations.

What is the difference between the DESPlugin and the pure smalltalk DES code
that was provided.

Also it would be interesting to hear Bryce's input on this.  Speeding up now
is good, but if the JIT turns out fast (as it sounds like it will) then we
would want as much as possible to be pure smalltalk, no?