Real closures

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Oct 7 22:32:58 UTC 2006

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 23:18:00 +0200, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Mathieu wrote:
>>  Witch boring issues are you talking about?
>
> Error messages, decompilation, speed. I'm glad to see you're going to
> work on error messages, though.

Andreas, have you looked at the implementor of #createBlock: and the
associated BlockClosure class (both are in the 3.9 image). The latter has
a class comment (I know, that's a rarity ;-) On the instance side, there's
a message category #evaluating, equally interesting.

I doubt that you will ever use BlockClosure in one of your performance
sensitive projects, especially when the messages you need are in {#value.
#value:} etc.

/Klaus