[SM][BUG] Error: can't find EOCD position

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Oct 8 15:04:30 UTC 2006

A couple of my SqueakMap entries (maybe more, I have not checked them all)
have decided to stop working. I got the AioPlugin entry working again by
re-saving the entry, but XDisplayControlPlugin is screwed up and I can't
seem to convince it to start working again.

What the user sees from a SqueakMap Package Loader is a debugger with
the rather unhelpful "Error: can't find EOCD position" message.

<rant>
How many other SqueakMap entries are messed up and the authors don't
even know it? And what is a person supposed to  think when they see this?
It makes people think that AioPlugin and XDisplayControlPlugin are broken,
unmaintained, and unavailable, none of which is true.
</rant>

Dave