Google Crawls Into Source-Code Search

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Oct 8 16:22:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 13:45:36 +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2006/10/8, Giovanni Corriga wrote:
>> Il giorno sab, 07/10/2006 alle 12.17 +0200, Philippe Marschall ha
>> scritto:
>> > continuation lang:smalltalk site:squeaksource.com
>> > but it looks like site is not implemented (and mcz are not indexed) so
>> > it doesn't work.
>> >
>> > But considering the amout of code available at SqueakSource, most
>> > matches probably will be from there anyway (once it's implemented).
>> >
>> > But I think we could play dirty little tricks. List the mcz files as
>> > zip too in the listing....
>> > .... now that I think about it .... ;)
>>
>> What about sending a mail to the Google Code team
>
> Did that but you have to be realistic.

Why would the google crawler index http://www.squeaksource.com/<put id
here>/ , are there hyperlinks pointing to SqueakSource projects and/or is
there a (session-less) SqueakSource page which presents hyperlinks of all
projects to the crawler?

>> and working with them?
>
> How should that work? Submit a patch? Get a job at Google?

Tell them (or blog it) that their competitor is doing it (krugle also
don't know about .mcz, but: who knows, all squeak-dev members please send
them email):

- http://www.krugle.com/

/Klaus