[ANN]Scamper for Squeak 3.9

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 9 18:29:23 UTC 2006

Robert Withers <reefedjib at yahoo.com> writes:
> On Oct 8, 2006, at 6:09 AM, karl wrote:
> > Robert Withers skrev:
> >> Which packages exactly should I load?  Is it ScamperM?  I tried
> >> Network-HTML and Scamper and it failed to open a browser.
> > Those are the packages. Did you update your SqueakMap before
> > installing ?
>
> That did it.  Thanks!  I guess I didn't update first.
>
> Unfortunately, I am still having problems with the FormInputSet
> having the right information and when I hand edit it, it tells me
> that only HTTP can be used to submit forms.

Squeak has a nice feature called "source strings with it".  I
highlighted "http" in a workspace, brought up the text-editor menu,
and ran this.  It came up with a method in class Scamper that has
the following code in it:

  newUrl schemeName ~= 'http' ifTrue:
    [self inform: 'I can only submit forms via HTTP' translated.
      ^ false].

So there's the place to focus, if anyone wants to try at this.

-Lex