[ENH] MorphMessageFix

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Tue Oct 10 17:43:50 UTC 2006

Hi Bob,

Le 5 oct. 06 à 04:46, rhawley at plymouth.ac.uk a écrit :

> Morphic scripts can send messages like forward: to Morphs, but
> currently, if this is done as Smalltalk code it does not always work
>
> [...]
>
> So, with this fix we can straight forwardly do things like:
>
> X := EllipseMorph new.
> X openInWorld.
> X lowerPen; turn: 135; forward: 500

Good idea. I like it!

> Second Matter
> ----------------
>
> The naming of Morphs is currently not fully developed or very
> convenient
> to use.  The fix to the SimpleButtonMorph makes it possible to
> reference
> a morph by using:
> (World morphNamed: #Jim) forward: 99
> assuming that you have bought up the halos and edited a morph's
> name to
> be Jim. (This also makes use of the first fix to relay the forward:
> message.)

So, basically you're using the exernalName, which is the most natural.
BTW, I'm wondering why morphs have two names?

Noury
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk