CurlPlugin (call for testing)

danil osipchuk danil at mtsnet.ru
Wed Oct 11 17:07:13 UTC 2006

Hi all.

	I?ve updated the CurlPlugin swiki page:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5865
Current state of the plugin is completely different to that of the
original demo, that is: it supports lot of options, it is non-blocking
(with the exception of 'file://' urls transfers) and it is defensively
written (this one is subjective :).

	It took much more time than I expected (was far more busy all this time
than usually). I?ve noticed that native SSL http support emerged during
this month (what is excellent), so the main need for  the plugin seems to
be gone. It still may be useful (it is probably is/can be faster, smarter
in corners and more powerful). With the respect to the community and Avi,
I don?t want to abuse his generosity, so we can skip that part about $$.
This doesn?t mean that I?m refusing from a beer on occasion, however :)

	I?m going to leave for a vacation soon for two weeks, during this time I
will not have an access to Internet other than via astral. Tomorrow I will
try to put the Linux version (I need to compile it against the same lib
versions as a windows pack) and will wait for opinions.
Areas where I need a feedback:
1)	What people do with cookies
2)	What people might want to do with http-headers
3)	What the heck is multiform post and
4)	What people think about this in general
Based on the opinions or their absence I?ll decide to continue with it as
with a pet project (it is not polished yet) or to do something else.

Regards,
Danil