CurlPlugin (call for testing)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Oct 12 08:01:57 UTC 2006

On 11-Oct-06, at 10:37 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2006, at 10:07 AM, danil osipchuk wrote:
>>
>> 	It took much more time than I expected (was far more busy all
>> this time than usually). I?ve noticed that native SSL http support
>> emerged during this month (what is excellent), so the main need
>> for  the plugin seems to be gone. It still may be useful (it is
>> probably is/can be faster, smarter in corners and more powerful).
>> With the respect to the community and Avi, I don?t want to abuse
>> his generosity, so we can skip that part about $$. This doesn?t
>> mean that I?m refusing from a beer on occasion, however :)

Ok, I compiled it and ran the

Curl new getContentsUrl: 'http://www.squeak.org/'
which then gives me
'<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http:/....

Even the
  Transcript open.
     (Curl new
	    idleBlock: [:c | Transcript nextPutAll: (c dataSize
printString , ' bytes read.\ ' withCRs); endEntry];
	    getContentsUrl: 'http://squeak.org')
                openInWorkspaceWithTitle: 'squeak page'

works

In the morning I need to try macintel.

I'll note one problem was the usage of

CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH

This does not appear to be in the curl.h headers that ship with 10.4
For now I prim fail primInfoFtpEntryPath.

===