Can I get a notification before fullGC?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu Oct 12 10:23:11 UTC 2006

  Thank you Andreas and Bert,

> Personally, I find this behavior advantageous. The glyph cache can be
> chosen to accommodate the working set for most use cases (I find the
> current one too large by far but see below) and I wouldn't really want
> to recreate the glyphs after each full GC.

  BTW, a typical use case I was thinking is project transition.  The
working sets can be pretty different across projects... (So, flushing
the cache upon project transition may be a good idea.)

  In regards to the one more mapping for different colors, I'd
delegate the measurement by somebody else, at least for the "October
release".

  And, memoryHog is a bit too tight.  The purpose is rather be a
better citizen to a relatively limited system, than avoiding critical
situations.

  A special array to nil-out upon fullGC would be good.  (If we have a
flexible and dynamically modifiable VM, this approach would make more
sense.)

-- Yoshiki