Scamper Re: [ANN] Working SSL In Squeak

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Fri Oct 13 11:03:40 UTC 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 6:03 AM, David Faught wrote:

>  I was never able to get Todd's HTML parser to load
> properly in a normal Squeak image.

I suspect you ran into a problem caused by a dependency on a PList
parser class I used to initialize a state table and did not include
in the package.  I think I have fixed this by including the class in
the package, but I need to try a clean load.

A modern web browser needs to be sure to implement the box model
specified in css2.
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/box.html

There is also a fair amount of useful info on how mozilla does layout
here:
http://www.mozilla.org/newlayout/doc/layout.html

Table layout behavior is specified here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html

This stuff is a lot more rigorously specified now than it was when
Scamper was written.  Its just a matter of digging up the
instructions and implementing them.

I'd help more if I had a bit more time.  Perhaps after the first of
the year I'll have some time.

-Todd Blanchard