Mantis: 0000474 AccurateDateAndTime harvested?

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 13:10:35 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker wrote:

> On 12.10.2006, at 12:21, Keith Hodges wrote:
>
>> Has this been included in a base squeak image yet?
>>

> of course not.
>
> I added this to mantis on 10-28-04 15:38
>
> The very first comment on this bug is by you from 10-12-06 14:50
>
> A fix that is so important that nobody looks at it for 2 years is for
> sure need
> to be addt between Release Canditate 1 and 2. Yes. Obviously.
>

>      Marcus

Was that sarcasm?

I asked the question, simply and only because I am still using 3.8 and
have never even looked at 3.9 to know what is or isn't in there.

Other people have looked at it since, just not in that particular report.

The whole point of using testing in the first place is to reduce the
'cost' of releasing, to release frequently and often etc. If the test
suite is comprehensive enough to cover the bases, and the test suite
passes, then including it is a 'no brainer'. I don't think it matters
what release, or when. In this case where you are fortunate enough to
have a test suite, then why not go for it.

So, although I hadn't suggested putting this in RC2, and I don't think
that my fixes/ideas will have been sufficiently tested for a couple of
days, now you come to mention it, I think that that it would be a great
idea to include it once the testing has been done.

Keith