Games with Squeak

Diego Fernandez diegof79 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:03:12 UTC 2006

I would like to create something similar to the Damien's
ImageForDevelopers but... ImageForGameDevelopers ;)

Packaged with the tools and tutorials to create simple games in Squeak
(OpenGL and SDL bindings...).

I think that such image will attract more developers interested in
game development.
I think that e-toys are very powerful but not so attractive to
teenagers who want to learn how to code games, so having a image with
those tools makes sense to me :)

So I was looking for SDL bindings, I've found some mentions in the
swiki and in the mail archive, but they seems outdated and I didn't
found anything in Squeaksource or SqueakMap.
So in my spare time  I started an SDL binding using FFI (Andreas FFI
is great :) thanks!!!).
I didn't finish it yet but I could publish it "as is" into
squeaksource.. so others can help me :)

I don't have a lot of time... but maybe if there are others interested
we can create an "ImageForGameDevelopers" :)

(it's possible to load the OpenGL packages used in Croquet? how?)