Unix VM and MacIntel

Ian Piumarta piumarta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:09:51 UTC 2006

Brian,

> On Oct 13, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Brian Brown wrote:
>> I downloaded the Squeak-3.9-8.i386-apple-darwin8.8.1 VM
>> However, when I run squeak, the icon shows up on the Dock, but
>> that is the last indication you get.

There was a problem in the mutual exclusion code (specific to i386)
in the Quartz display driver that didn't show up while I was testing
it.  It froze waiting to obtain a lock.  Try this one instead:

http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.9-9.i386-apple-
darwin8.8.1.tar.gz

Or, if you prefer it clickable:

http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.9-9.app.tar.gz

(Either of these should run a lot faster than anything in which
"explicit references to registers" have been removed.)

Cheers,
Ian